Want to learn how to get referrals on freebie websites? Many new members to Anything4Free and other freebie forums want to get referrals as soon as they reach a trade rating of 4 or higher in order to increase their money making potential. After trying for a while to get referrals but finding that none will come their way, some new members start getting discouraged and quit trading altogether. What they don’t realize is that it takes time and effort to get anywhere in the trading business, especially if your goal is to get that big trade rating of 50 or even 100. You have to really work at it in order to have referrals start piling up. After all, members in the community need to trust you in order to even consider trading with you. As the community expands, some members start scamming others by falsely completing a trade or not paying after a completed trade, so trustworthy reputable traders are in higher demand. Because of this, some newcomers won’t even consider trading with someone else who has a low trade rating. However, there are ways to turn their heads and increase the chances that they’ll trade with you. Find out how to get referrals in the steps to follow.
If you don’t know the basics of Method 1 yet, you should practice that method first before you move on to getting referrals.
How to Get Referrals – Some Things to Remember
- You can put up a trading thread, which will become one of your main sources for getting referrals, when you’ve reached a trade rating of 4 or higher if you’re using the Anything4Free forums.
- Don’t spam, for this will most likely hurt you than help you. No one wants to trade with someone who has a negative reputation and, if you get banned, you won’t be able to trade with anyone at all.
How to Get Referrals on Freebie Websites
- The best advice for how to get referrals is to be patient. You won’t get 10 referrals overnight when you’re new (unless you’re extremely lucky). Yes, I know, we all want those referrals to start banging on our door as soon as we put up our first trading thread. However, this just cannot be possible. Having patience and not giving up will reward you in the months to come, so hang in there and keep trying! Whatever you do, though, do not spam.
- Take advantage of your signature. I can’t stress this enough! Many people overlook their signatures, and this can be a big mistake! Your signature will become one of the major tools that will drive referrals to your profile (and later, to your trade list). You want to be as creative and informative (while also brief) as you can in your signature. Moreover, it doesn’t hurt to spice your signature up with a picture, adding color while you’re at it. Many traders prefer to use flash pictures. Whatever you do, it’s up to you, but you should always describe how you intend to help fellow traders in your signature in order to get referrals.
- Put up an avatar! It might not seem like an avatar will help you much, but it can if you make use of it. With an avatar, viewers will get a sense of what kind of person you are. Many traders also like to use flash images for their avatar and make the avatar similar to their signature (in terms of describing the services they intend to provide). However, you can also put up a personal photo (like I did) to get referrals. Personal photos help others warm up to you and a personal photo will also help others relate to you as a person. Another option for an avatar would be a creative representation of your name (almost like a logo). For example, someone with the words “cat” in their name may put up an avatar with a picture of a cat.
- Spice up your trading thread! After all, what’s the use of putting it up if no one is inspired to trade with you? Don’t just put up a trading thread describing the various trades you have to offer. Tell everyone who you are, what you intend to achieve, and how you’ll help the trading community. You can even tweak it by adding personalized images (everyone likes a bit of color). A great tip on how to get referrals is to include bonuses every now and then to further entice traders to trade with you! For example, you can put a bonus of $5 on some trades or you can offer a free giveaway if referrals complete a certain number of trades with you.
- Tweak your profile! For some traders, your profile will be the final decision on whether or not they’ll trade with you. If someone clicks your name and sees that you didn’t really put the time in to add any information about who you are, this possible referral might think that you’re trying to hide something or you just might not be experienced. If you’re reading this, then you know that is the last thing you want! So, spend time on your profile in order to get referrals. Let others know your interests, who you are, and how traders can contact you if they need help.
- Interact with the community! Just registering on the forums and trading with fellow forum members are quite different than actually interacting with the community. Start posting around the forums and you’ll discover that more people will visit your profile. Don’t just post nonsense either. Try to help and your help will be returned. Interacting with the community will also help members discover the real person behind that avatar of yours, and they’ll be more likely to trade with you. The main thing to remember here is to have fun and enjoy yourself while you get referrals! Usually, the most successful traders enjoy helping out everyone else.
- Increase your trade rating! As awful as this may sound to some of you, increasing your trade rating is a great way of getting referrals. Your trade rating is one of the major things that will show that you’re an experienced trader. Even though you can start recruiting for referrals after a trade rating of 4 on Anything4Free, it might be beneficial to wait a bit and increase your trade rating a little higher (until it’s at 10 or 15). This way, you have an advantage over members with lower trade ratings. You’ll also have a larger variety of trades your referrals can choose from. This increases the chances that they’ll trade with you more than once. After all, you want your referrals to continue trading, don’t you?
If you do all the tips above on how to get referrals, eventually you’ll start getting a good stream of referrals. Just remember: Don’t give up. Referrals will come eventually. It just takes time.
Post Your Input
- What’s your advice on how to get referrals?
- Do certain tactics work more than others?
*This post has some affiliate links distributed in the content. Read more about them on the Disclosure page.